Friday, July 10, 2009

HOLY GUACAMOLE!

I have clearly failed you blog. Ha. But fret not, there's good news to be heard: WE ARE GOING TO U23 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS! That is the craziest thing I think my fingers have ever uttered. This is all very holy-shit right now.

Yesterday, we raced a straight final which would decide who would be the U23 lm4x for the USA. Rating 34 into a head wind, we raced the clock, the only opponent entered, legs burning, sweat beating and one girlly squeal later, we got to the dock and G-man gave us word that we could go to Czech! I almost shat myself at that point.

I find it hard to believe that its been over a full month at gms training for this, it all has gone by so quickly. There is one thing for damn sure: we've gotta a tough road ahead before we can go race. G-man has promised us that he's going to make us find some real speed, now that we've qualified; can you say distance, lifting, and pieces! oh yea! and then there's also the whole financial thing, which is why we created a firstgiving website, which is a site for non profits (us) to raise money from friends and family. This is an awesome way to help, if you've got the funds, every dollar helps - SERIOUSLY even a buck, is a buck closer to CZECH!!!!!! baby! woo.

http://www.firstgiving.com/guenterbeutter1

Also join our facebook group, I've invited all my friends on facebook, and it's an open group so you can invite your friends too!

Many many many thanks to everyone for all of their inspiration and support of this dream. It happening baby!

Thanks! - much more to come very soon, if not later today (i've got to make up for my posting delinquincy somehow right?)

1 comment:

  1. when you say things like, "I almost shat myself," we know it's def you.

    ReplyDelete